Search This Blog

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Gifts



A dear friend once reminded me "God's greatest gifts often come in the ugliest packages."

Do you ever have moments where something enters your life just at the right moment? A quote, a story, a friend, a sermon, a verse. You’ve asked for answers to your worries and fears, and these gifts come to you seemingly out of nowhere just when you need them.

I thank God for these gifts. 

The last few months have been a rollercoaster. We lost, we’ve loved, we’ve lived, we’ve renewed our faith and our hope in the future. Some days are difficult, but most are much easier. I still have a fear of the unknown. I still doubt and worry. My daily payer has been for peace, acceptance, understanding, and a blessing. Yet, my thoughts at times are overwhelmingly pessimistic. I pray for my exceedingly annoying optimism back, but the negativity consumes me at times.  Something came over me recently that told me to quit asking, praying, (begging) for peace and optimism. He was giving all He could give. It was what was being taken from me that was the issue.

I was getting ready one morning when my perspective took an immediate turn. I suddenly realized God wasn’t to blame, it was His adversary. Tainting my thoughts with negativity. I quickly adjusted my requests for optimism and asked to be released of my feelings of fear and doubt, and finally peace overcame me. A short time later, I realized I had neglected my daily devotionals. These are what I had missed: Ephesians 6:11, Psalm 32:7 and 2 Corinthians 10:3-5.

Gifts waiting for the perfect moment.

Among these gifts have been others.

A few close friends, who I don’t talk to often, contacted me out of the blue to check-in on me… out of nowhere… just when I needed it.

In the middle of a hormonal (aka my fault) argument with my husband, I decided to read this story (which I had seen, but ignored for days).

My devotional today as I worry about tomorrow: Proverbs 27:1.

And a reminder of why I started this blog in the first place:




No comments:

Post a Comment