Search This Blog

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Lil' G Week 19


Week 19 (2/9-15/14)

Great week! I'm starting to feel better most days and have a lot more energy, which is good because I also started at UofA this week! I'm working 2 and a half days a week in the skills lab and teaching the second semester group. I was originally supposed to do pediatric clinicals, but I was nervous about being on my feet for 10-12 hours since I haven't felt too great. So, they switched me to a more relaxed setting. I'm LOVING it! I missed being around students! My co-workers are great too. The woman who is "showing me the ropes" is an older lady and she is definitely a mother hen... she almost tackled a guy for trying to shake my hand after he mentioned he had sick kids at home... Good People watchin out for the preggo! ;)

I'm also still teaching the RN refresher course at Pima Community College, which was all online this week so no excitement there. 

So, update on Lola.... she had her surgery on Wednesday to remove her "tumor/growth" and it went really well! She came home a little loopy which was comical, but overall she was fine. Just not a fan of the huge bandage, but she'll manage. They sent the growth in for biopsy and found it wasn't a tumor after all! It was a wart with an abscess underneath... interesting yet good news! The bandage will stay on for 2 weeks so we'll see how this goes...



For Valentines Day weekend we made a little trip to Sedona and the Grand Canyon (we left Lola with our AWESOME neighbors)! It was SO beautiful!! This is the ONE place in the US that I have been and Adam hasn't.... finally! We stayed in Sedona, did some hiking, a little shopping, and a lot of eating! And we took a day trip up to the Grand Canyon. I had to laugh because Adam didn't know what Sedona was all about (it's a very spiritual place that just has beautiful views), and assumed it was a shopping trip... So, he was pleasantly surprised! We had a really great breakfast at "101 Omelets" with some friends who were doing the same trip and it was amazing! I got eggs, pancakes, toast, fruit, and bacon.. and pretty much ate it all... For dinner that night we went to "Cucina Rustica" and can I just say OMG!!! The food was to die for! The BEST salad and pasta with vodka sauce I have EVER had! Amazing!! 

Hiking in Sedona:




A few pics at the Grand Canyon (my pilot husband is afraid of heights...):

 And this was just comical (Notice where it's parked)... 


My Valentine's Day flowers :)

Due Date: 7/7/14!!

The baby is the size of: a mango!! 6in and 8.5oz
"Have you ever seen a mango dipped in cheese? Well, that's what your baby looks like this week due to a little growth spurt (she's about a half pound in weight and six inches long) and a substance called vernix caseosa. This greasy white stuff covers your baby's skin, protecting it from the surrounding amniotic fluid. (Without it, she'd look totally wrinkled as she entered the world.) The vernix sheds as delivery approaches, though some babies still sport a bit of the coating at birth." http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-19.aspx

Gender: It's a girl!! Now it's time to decide on a name.... This may be the most difficult decision of my life (even though I (thought) I had our girl name picked out since HS)... it's gettin' real folks! I'm going to make an entirely new post just about this... 

Symptoms: Much better! But still not feeling fab…  I have a lot more energy, but still nauseous most days. I also still have the sinusitis (constant stuffy nose).. especially when I eat?? Frequent headaches, hip/joint pain, and I pee all the time! like I have to pee after I pee... So, needless to say with the hip pain and peeing, I don't get much sleep either! I have really been feeling her move around this week! She may just be a little gymnast like her mom;). It's the coolest feeling ever! 

Sleep: pretty much impossible! I get up every 2 hours to pee and reposition. My snoogle is my best friend right now though!! It really does help! I forgot it at home when we went to Sedona and that was no bueno..

Cravings What I can stomach: Like I said, the nausea is still around so food isn’t always appetizing, but at least my appetite is back! This week I’ve gone for pasta (I made my "Mosquito Pasta" named after a little cafe in Galveston that I LOVE!... it's penne with spinach, sun dried tomatoes, and feta cheese.. sooo yum!), OJ, kind bars, tea, and FRUIT!

Food Aversions: Still can’t do bell peppers, mushrooms or certain kinds of meat.

Total Weight Gain: 6lbs!! and 3.5 inches around my waist! Lil G is growing! Adam is still calling me “potbelly”… lovely…


Activity: I’ve brought my “daily 300’s” down to “daily 150-200’s” (my hips aren’t handling squats and lunges too well), yoga twice a week, and walking Lola. 

No comments:

Post a Comment