Search This Blog

Monday, February 24, 2014

Lil' G Week 20


Week 20 (2/16-22/14)

We're half way there!! 
So this week was a doozy!... in every way possible! I don't even know where to begin so I'll go day by day (and I apologize now, but this is a LONG one!)....
I'm going to start off my calling this week "Baby Prep"...

Monday: We drove home from Sedona, picked Lola up from our neighbor and took her to the vet to have her bandage changed.... The vet thought her incision looked a little 'puffy' so he gave her a steroid injection and they changed her bandage. I wasn't a huge fan of their bandaging skills, but I kept quiet. So that night we were all sleeping (yes Lo sleeps with us) and we woke up to a LAKE in the middle of our bed! The steroid made Lola thirsty.. which made her drink A LOT.... which made her piss all over herself in her sleep... yay!! So, we got the awesome opportunity to get up at 2am, give her a bath, wash the sheets (our down comforter had to go to the cleaners...), and move to the guest room. Lola slept on HER bed (and will be from now on)!! 

Tuesday: First we had to decide what to do with Lola... I was NOT leaving her to roam the house like she normally does, so I mentioned putting her outside (in 60-70 degree beautiful weather, with her bed and water, under the shade)... I thought Adam was going to have a coronary!! "Outside? Are you crazy?? We're going to have CPS called on us!"... I had to remind him that she's a dog and she'd be fine, but he wasn't going for it. So, we closed all the bedrooms and barricaded her from the couch and my beautiful rug. She was not a fan....

I went to work with very little sleep, but I can't complain because I just love my students. They are so fun and give me so much energy. Of course that energy was gone by 7pm and we were all in bed... for a little while.... Not only am I peeing every other hour, so is Lola. So, I was up hourly for one of us (yay for baby practice)! THEN at about 3am (30 minutes after I took her out), Lola started pacing... she wouldn't go out so I checked her bed and guess what??! She peed all over it.... So I had to wash that and bring her other bed in so she could lay down... such a diva!
SUPER AWESOME SIDE NOTE: When I left work, I checked my email and there was an email from THE ELLEN SHOW!!! I thought it was a joke, but for reals I got tickets!!! I literally screamed out loud! I have been trying to get tickets for over 9 years! I'm still in disbelief that this is real! There will be a whole separate Ellen post to cover this little journey.... from the beginning of my shenanigans ;).    

Wednesday and Thursday was a repeat of Tuesday (except for an exciting email from Ellen), but I finally got Lola's peeing under control by making her go out every 2 hours so there were no accidents/leaks. 

Friday: I had the day off so I planned to sleep all day, but the energy kicked in again! I literally cleaned and organized the entire house! I think this is that nesting thing I've heard about. I organized things that didn't even need to be organized. It was glorious!

Saturday: Adam and I did some shopping! I've gotten to the point where I can no longer MAKE my clothes fit so I had to make the maternity clothes plunge. I had already bought a pair of yoga pants and a few shirts, but really needed some pants. We went to the ONLY maternity store in Tucson and of course they don't make child sizes... Actually, when we entered the store Adam asked the sales person if they had clothes for pregnant children... she was speechless. Gotta love him! I finally found some maternity jeans at H&M. They aren't the best, but they'll definitely do the trick for now. After that we made a little trip to Babies R Us to confirm our car seat decision. Adam was amazed (and a little jealous) by the comfort and security of infant car seats... I'm married to a child myself. So after he pouted over there not being a seat big enough for him and then shared a few choice comments in the breast pump isle.
Pouting:


Then we went home....
To find Lola had eaten through her bandage, removed most of her stitches, peed on the couch and her bed, AND threw up on the floor!! This was the first day we gave her carte blanche in the living room...bad idea! So we got to take a nice little trip to the ER and spend a small fortune for her to get a new bandage and a pretty necklace:



Adam sent this text to a friend and I had to share: "Hi. My name is Lola. I was told that I get to be prim and proper and wear this Elizabethan collar, although it just amplifies my bad breath. Mom and Dad say it was because I was a bad girl and ate my own foot. I choose to believe that I'm just old fashioned."
  Fun times!

Sunday: So this should be my day of rest, right?? hah. Adam went for a bike ride early that morning and about an hour and a half later I got a call to pick him up (40 min car ride away) because he had "taken a really bad spill" off his bike.... I was hesitant to believe it was that bad, after all he was breathing. When I got there he and his bike were pretty banged up. Apparently he was watching a plane overhead and lost control and flipped himself and his bike into a bunch of cacti. Lovely. Did I mention I was married to a child?

So then I went home and rested.... after I cleaned. Yay for week 20!  
Now on to the good stuff....

Due Date: 7/7/14!!

The baby is the size of: a banana! 6.5in. 10.6 oz
"wow, are they going! If you're having a girl, her uterus is now fully formed and her ovaries are holding about seven million primitive eggs. If you're having a boy, his testicles have begun their descent from the abdomen to their ultimate destination — the scrotum. And while your baby is definitely getting bigger (weighing in at about ten ounces and measuring six and a half inches), there's still plenty of growing room in there, which allows him to twist and turn (and allows you to feel his acrobatics!)." http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/20-weeks-pregnant.aspx

Gender: It's a GIRL!!

Symptoms: Much better!  I have a TON more energy, but still nauseous most days. I also still have the sinusitis (constant stuffy nose) especially when I eat?? Frequent headaches, hip/joint pain, and I pee all the time! As I mentioned, the nesting has begun! And "preggo brain" is for real!! I forget everything! I'm just going to apologize to everyone now for forgetting something important. 
Baby girl is really moving now! She is MOST active right when I lie down at night and first thing in the morning! Adam got to feel her kick for the first time this week!! Yay!!! 

Sleep: I still get up every 2 hours to pee and reposition. Of course this week I was up EVERY hour either with Lola or myself.. so that was fun!

Cravings: This week has been all about salad! I had the best waldorf salad one day and an incredible wedge salad another. and Cheerios have been my jam! I'm still loving OJ, smoothies, fruit, and ice cream! 

Food Aversions: Still can’t do bell peppers, mushrooms or certain meats. and chips are just disgusting.

Total Weight Gain: 7lbs!! and 4 inches around my waist! Lil G is growing! It's finally starting to look like a real bump! 



Activity: I’ve brought my “daily 300’s” down to “daily 150-200’s” (my hips aren’t handling squats and lunges too well), yoga twice a week, and walking Lola. This week has been so busy it has been a workout in itself! Between work,   getting up with Lola, cleaning and our busy weekend I definitely got some cardio in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment