Search This Blog

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Lil' G Week 23


Week 23 (3/9-15/14)

This week again was filled with Lola's bandage changes (yep, no joke! it's STILL there.... if all goes well, it will be gone next Monday!!) and work. I also did some good maternity shopping at JC Penny and Old Navy!! Yay for cute maternity clothes!... and most of them aren't actually "maternity clothes" but they definitely fit the bill ;).
Adam's parents also came into town for the weekend! We did a LOT of eating and resting! On Saturday, Marlene taught us how to make her famous BBQ ribs and they were YUM!! Of course, we were bums after that too! It was great having them here! :)


Due Date: 7/7/14!!

The baby is the size of: a grapefruit!! 10.5in and 12.7oz
"Your little doll-sized babe is about to chub up a bit. His saggy skin will start to fit his frame as fat deposits fill things out. Beginning this week, he'll start to pack on the pounds (which means you will too!) and by month's end he'll be double the weight he is now (though you won't be — whew!). Right now, your baby's organs and bones are visible through his skin, which has a red hue due to developing veins and arteries beneath. But once those fat deposits settle in, he'll become less transparent." http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-23.aspx

Gender: It's a girl!! And we decided o a name!! Later post about that!

Symptoms: Much better! I have a lot more energy, but still nauseous most days. I also still have the sinusitis (constant stuffy nose).. especially when I eat?? Frequent headaches, hip/joint pain, and I pee all the time! like I have to pee after I pee... So, needless to say with the hip pain and peeing, I don't get much sleep either! She moves all of the time! but especially when I'm resting (or at least that's when I notice it more...). I also mentioned the crazy stretching feeling I get when I walk farther than a quarter mile (ridiculous I know) or go up stairs. It's different from round ligament pain (I have that too).... it feels like a ton of pressure and my belly is just going to pop! and of course it goes away when I rest. I still haven't bought my maternity belt... I just can't put another layer around my belly yet... 

Sleep: pretty much impossible! I get up every 2 hours to pee and reposition. My snoogle is my best friend right now though!!

Cravings What I can stomach: Like I said, the nausea is still around so food isn’t always appetizing, but at least my appetite is back! I'm loving OJ, kind bars, tea, salads and FRUIT! basically anything cold, so ice cream is fair game too! 

Food Aversions: Still can’t do bell peppers, mushrooms or certain kinds of meat.

Total Weight Gain: 9lbs and 6 inches around my waist! Lil G is growing! 

Activity: I’ve brought my “daily 300’s” down to “daily 150-200’s” (my hips aren’t handling squats and lunges too well), yoga twice a week, and I brought by my Turbo Jam DVD's for some leg/butt/arm workouts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment