Search This Blog

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Lil' G Week 25


Week 25 (3/23-29/14)

Another great week! It's crazy how fast time is going by! I felt like the first 20 weeks dragged on forever, and now time is going too fast! I need it to slow down... I have too much to do before baby girl gets here, and quite frankly I like having her safe and sound in my belly. Although I can't wait to meet her. I just can't be satisfied ;). She has at least another 13 weeks to bake, so I guess I have time. I'll stop...

So this week was pretty busy. The first half was full of work and the last was full of play! We drove to Vegas for Kelly's BIG 3-0!! We had so much fun and it was so great to see Brelly (the newly engaged!! Brett and Kelly) and the McKenzies. We stayed at The Mirage and did a lot of eating, shopping, and laying by the pool. My kind of weekend! We also had a scavenger hunt that no one really finished... it was really fun and well planned by the magnificent Jonathan Taylor Gandy, but we're too old for all that business lol. So, if you saw me post a bunch of rando pictures on instagram, that's why. 
Oh, and this little lady growing inside me definitely takes after her dad... every time Michael Jackson started playing she would go nuts! This should be fun! lol

The whole gang:

Have to laugh...

 Me and the Birthday Girl!!


Cradam  & Brelly (and the old guys finger) after Margaritaville (I SO wanted a margarita, water with lime had to do ;):

Adam made sure he drank enough for the both of us (so thoughtful):


We celebrated my birthday a little early at a yummy Brazilian steakhouse!

At the Bellagio Fountain:



Due Date: 7/7/14!!

The baby is the size of: a cauliflower!! 13.6in and 1.5lbs
"Your baby is growing by leaps and bounds, reaching nine inches in length and passing the pound and a half mark. Under his skin, capillaries are forming and filling with blood and by week's end, air sacs (also lined with capillaries) will develop in his lungs, getting them ready for that first breath. Mind you, those lungs aren't ready for prime time just yet — but they are developing surfactant, a substance that will help them expand after birth. And speaking of breathing, your baby's tiny nostrils, which have been plugged up until now, are starting to open, and his vocal chords are getting ready to roar." http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-25.aspx

Gender: It's a girl!! And we decided on a name!! Later post about that!

Symptoms: Much better! I have a lot more energy, but still nauseous most days. I also still have the sinusitis (constant stuffy nose).. especially when I eat?? Frequent headaches, hip/joint pain, and I pee all the time! like I have to pee after I pee... So, needless to say with the hip pain and peeing, I don't get much sleep either! She moves all of the time! I will say, those kicks used to be cute, but it's starting to get painful! She's starting to really get under my ribs and kick me in the stomach when I eat... not fun, but I do rely on those kicks to remind me she's ok so keep it coming! I also mentioned the crazy stretching feeling I get when I walk farther than a quarter mile (ridiculous I know) or go up stairs. It's different from round ligament pain (I have that too).... it feels like a ton of pressure and my belly is just going to pop! and of course it goes away when I rest. I still haven't bought my maternity belt... I just can't put another layer around my belly yet. I started getting leg cramps at night.. fun! And it's starting to become VERY difficult to bend over or get comfortable.

Sleep: pretty much impossible! I get up every 2 hours to pee and reposition. My snoogle is my best friend right now though!!

Cravings What I can stomach: Like I said, the nausea is still around so food isn’t always appetizing, but at least my appetite is back! I'm loving OJ, kind bars, tea, salads, sandwiches, smoothies and FRUIT! basically anything cold, so ice cream is fair game too! I would kill for some tex-mex right now!

Food Aversions: Still can’t do bell peppers, onion, mushrooms or certain kinds of meat.

Total Weight Gain: 10lbs and 7 inches around my waist! Lil G is growing! and I'm beginning to feel large and in charge!

Activity: I’ve brought my “daily 300’s” down to “daily 150-200’s” (my hips aren’t handling squats and lunges too well), and I brought by my Turbo Jam DVD's for some leg/butt/arm workouts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment