Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Lil' G Week 28


Week 28 (4/13-19/14)

Yay for a much better week!! I told work (both places) that I just couldn't keep up with the pace I was going and they were very understanding. So, I'm starting to cut back so I can breathe in this LAST TRIMESTER!! Yep! I'm officially in my 3rd trimester!! Where did the time go?? The first trimester felt like 10, the second (well the second half of it) felt like nothing, now lets just pray this last one goes as smoothly as the second but not quite as fast. I will admit, I was hoping for that "switch" from first to second trimester to come on quickly since the first was miserable!!... which it didn't :(... but it sure did from the second to third! I swear within 24 hours I went from completely normal to all 7 dwarfs rolled into one. First of all, hungry... Adam and I were making a trip to the grocery store, and without even asking I just turned us into a Thai restaurant before we even made it to the store because I HAD TO HAVE FOOD NOW! My appetite has been insatiable. I've also been tired, weepy and moody. Yay! At least I'm not sick!

I left for Dallas on Thursday and it felt so good to be "home". I made a little visit to the college where I used to teach... I REALLY miss it. Had dinner with some friends Thursday night. Then, had to wake up extra early Friday morning and drive to Fort Worth to meet my father in law at the DPS office because (get this), after speaking to 5 different people about renewing my license and getting 5 different asinine answers the verdict was that I had to go to a DPS station WITH someone who lives in Texas AND has my last name so they could sign an affidavit in front of them saying I am a Texas "resident". Well guess what... they didn't even look at Jerry. Go figure. Luckily, Jerry found a pretty sweet new DPS office and it only took us 15 minutes so he was impressed with our little field trip. After that, I did a little Dallas shopping (my happy place), then made a visit to two of the most adorable little newborn boys (aka 2 of Viv's suitors). R: Porter (2 months) and L: Owen (3 days):


THEN it was the day of my shower! It turned out SO amazing! 








The beautiful hostesses:


The baby bumps (aka me and 2 of my sweet friends carrying 2 more of Viv's little suitors ;)



My mom, mother in law, Nonie and aunts all made a special trip! 






Viv was SO spoiled with gifts, clothes and books! I just have to share this one ;)




Due Date: 7/7/14!!

The baby is the size of: an eggplant!! 13.6-14.8in and 1.5-2.2lbs
"Your baby is settling into the proper position for birth, with his head facing downward (toward your body's nearest exit!). Your little work in progress is now about 2.5 pounds and almost 16 inches long. He's busy adding new skills such as blinking to an already impressive repertoire of tricks like coughing, sucking, hiccuping, and taking practice breaths. Your baby's sleep now includes the REM (rapid eye movement) phase — and that means he could be dreaming already (what do you suppose he's dreaming about?)." http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-28.aspx

Gender: It's a girl!! And we decided on a name!! Later post about that!

Symptoms: Much better! I have a lot more energy, but still nauseous most days. I also still have the sinusitis (constant stuffy nose).. especially when I eat?? Frequent headaches, hip/joint pain, and I pee all the time! like I have to pee after I pee... So, needless to say with the hip pain and peeing, I don't get much sleep either! 
She moves all of the time! I will say, those kicks used to be cute, but it's starting to get painful! She's starting to really get under my ribs and kick me in the stomach when I eat... not fun, but I do rely on those kicks to remind me she's ok so keep it coming! Although, she is a stubborn little thing! Every time I try and let Adam see or feel her moving, she immediately stops. Little brat lol! Although, it has been nice because when she's really going crazy and making me sick, I can just have him hold my belly and make her stop.... I'm starting to think Adam will be doing a lot of soothing ;).
I also mentioned the crazy stretching feeling I get when I walk farther than a quarter mile (ridiculous I know) or go up stairs. It's different from round ligament pain (I have that too).... it feels like a ton of pressure and my belly is just going to pop! and of course it goes away when I rest. I still haven't bought my maternity belt... I just can't put another layer around my belly yet. I started getting leg cramps at night.. fun! And it's starting to become VERY difficult to bend over or get comfortable.
Viv also started hiccuping... very interesting!! 

Sleep: pretty much impossible! I get up every 2 hours to pee and reposition. My snoogle is my best friend right now though!!

Cravings What I can stomach: Like I said, the nausea is still around so food isn’t always appetizing, but at least my appetite is back! I'm loving OJ, kind bars, tea, salads, sandwiches, smoothies and FRUIT! basically anything cold, so ice cream is fair game too! Obviously I was loving Thai this week, and I got my fill of TEX-MEX!! Yay queso!!!  

Food Aversions: Still can’t do bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, whole tomatoes or certain kinds of meat.

Total Weight Gain: 13lbs and 9 inches around my waist! Lil G is growing! and I'm beginning to feel large and in charge!

Activity: I’ve brought my “daily 300’s” down to “daily 150-200’s” (my hips aren’t handling squats and lunges too well), and I brought by my Turbo Jam DVD's for some leg/butt/arm workouts. Also walking Lola when I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment