Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Lil' G Week 27


Week 27 (4/6-12/14)

Well, not to be a debbie downer, but this week was pretty sucky too... Adam left early Sunday morning for a week long TDY. So, I got to spend my birthday (Monday) working and alone. Several of my awesome friends offered to spend my birthday with me, but I apparently can't say no to work so I worked all day and then came home and ate ice cream cake with Lola (who also had a birthday that day!). Yay 30! The rest of the week was pretty much the same... work and ice cream cake. I was honestly in tears by Friday because I was so overwhelmed with work, and it seemed like EVERYTHING that could go wrong did! For instance, I found out that even though I sent my Texas drivers license renewal packet off in early March, they didn't process it until April (PS it expired on my birthday) AND they suddenly have a new policy (which stated in April) that military spouses can no longer renew out of state unless they can show proof of Texas residency (ummm that's the whole point of an 'out of state renewal application'... we don't currently reside there!). So I went round and round with them to get nowhere. Ok, I'm going to stop before I lose it again. Lets just say it didn't end well. Neither did anything else I dealt with this week. 
The Birthday Girls!:


Meanwhile, Adam was in Ohio spending every night out and having the time of his life. I asked him why he was going out when he was obviously exhausted and just plain over it, and he said he "didn't want to miss out on anything". I asked what he could possibly "miss out" on in Ohio??! Well, I had to eat my words because that night he met Dave Chappelle...




Adam thankfully got home on Friday night and took me out to dinner where I just cried over my awful week... literally.... bless him. 
The weekend was much better. We went to the Davis-Monthan Air Show and had a great time! Adam worked the show on Sunday and I swear his ego grew about 36 inches after all the pictures and autographs. Very cute.







Due Date: 7/7/14!!

The baby is the size of: a rutabaga!! 13.6-14.8in and 1.5-2.2lbs
"For a baby, it's time to trade in the old crown-to-rump measurement for a new head-to-toe standard. So what are your baby’s stats this week (which, coincidentally, is the end of the second trimester)? Fifteen inches — more than a foot long — and triple (or even quadruple) what it was in week 12. His weight is creeping up the charts as well, coming in at just over two pounds. More big news: Your baby may recognize your voice by now, so feel free to serenade your belly (start learning those lullabies!)." http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-27.aspx#

Gender: It's a girl!! And we decided on a name!! Later post about that!

Symptoms: Much better! I have a lot more energy, but still nauseous most days. I also still have the sinusitis (constant stuffy nose).. especially when I eat?? Frequent headaches, hip/joint pain, and I pee all the time! like I have to pee after I pee... So, needless to say with the hip pain and peeing, I don't get much sleep either! She moves all of the time! I will say, those kicks used to be cute, but it's starting to get painful! She's starting to really get under my ribs and kick me in the stomach when I eat... not fun, but I do rely on those kicks to remind me she's ok so keep it coming! I also mentioned the crazy stretching feeling I get when I walk farther than a quarter mile (ridiculous I know) or go up stairs. It's different from round ligament pain (I have that too).... it feels like a ton of pressure and my belly is just going to pop! and of course it goes away when I rest. I still haven't bought my maternity belt... I just can't put another layer around my belly yet. I started getting leg cramps at night.. fun! And it's starting to become VERY difficult to bend over or get comfortable.

Sleep: pretty much impossible! I get up every 2 hours to pee and reposition. My snoogle is my best friend right now though!!

Cravings What I can stomach: Like I said, the nausea is still around so food isn’t always appetizing, but at least my appetite is back! I'm loving OJ, kind bars, tea, salads, sandwiches, smoothies and FRUIT! basically anything cold, so ice cream is fair game too! It was a take-out and ice cream cake kind of week!

Food Aversions: Still can’t do bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, whole tomatoes or certain kinds of meat.

Total Weight Gain: 12lbs and 8 inches around my waist! Lil G is growing! and I'm beginning to feel large and in charge!

Activity: I’ve brought my “daily 300’s” down to “daily 150-200’s” (my hips aren’t handling squats and lunges too well), and I brought by my Turbo Jam DVD's for some leg/butt/arm workouts. Also walking Lola when I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment