Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Lil' G Week 29


Week 29 (4/20-26/14)

Well this week was a doozy... I returned to Tucson Sunday morning after an awesome trip/baby shower/tex-mex binge in Dallas. I shared all of the adorable little gifts we received with Adam, then we "attended" Easter service online since our favorite church streams from Dallas, and we ended the day with a yummy Easter dinner with our good friends and their adorable little girl! It was a busy day, so I didn't get to finish unpacking.... So, I set my suitcase aside and went to bed. Well... in the middle of the night (right on schedule), I got up to go to the bathroom. I don't turn any lights on because I KNOW my way there now, and it's a pretty direct shot. Except for this time. I forgot about my suitcase, tripped over it, had no time to react/catch myself, and landed/bounced directly on my belly. I sat there for a minute in shock while Adam leaped from the bed in a panic. I was pretty scared, but I remained calm since I know how strong the uterus is. Also, I could feel her moving inside me and I used my fetal monitor to listen to her heart, which sounded perfect. So, I laid back down and waited until morning to call my doc. When I called, they instructed me to go straight to the hospital. Still calm. I called Adam at work and let him know I was going, but not to worry (not that he listened). When I arrived at the hospital, they sent me to L&D where they did several ultrasounds (baby looked great!!) and hooked me up to a monitor to evaluate the baby and my uterus. After a few hours (I seriously thought I'd only have to be there for an hour or so.... haha), they informed me that baby still looked great, but my uterus was "irritable". By that time Adam had arrived. The gave me ibuprophen, repositioned me in their awfully uncomfortable bed (I'm definitely bringing pillows and blankets when I go into labor), and told me to lie there for another few hours.... 7 hours went by before they felt like my uterus had "calmed down" enough to send me home. But first, I had to have another ultrasound and wait for the discharge papers... I know how long a discharge can take so I got comfy again. An hour later, they gave me my walking papers and instructed me to schedule an NST (non-stress test.... basically continue monitoring my uterus and the baby) for everyday that week and then biweekly. Well, biweekly to me (and my bank account) means every 2 weeks... haha! not! Apparently, it means twice a week.  Yay! At least I was going to get very familiar with the hospital and L&D staff. I followed their orders and returned everyday to spend my day listening to my baby's heart beat. I have to admit, it was very relaxing and reassuring. If only the beds were more comfy, I may have never left ;). My uterus gradually got a little better each day, so they were comfortable letting me join Adam on our trip to Vegas (yes, again... he had a work thing and I really wanted to lay by the pool and eat yummy food!). It was a great trip! I was a little worried I was over doing it, but I'm glad I went.

Sitting at the hospital... so pitiful... and bored lol. 

Vegas by the pool made me feel better!

We went to a little italian restaurant that has all you can drink wine... Adam and Jacob definitely drank all they could.... so we had to make a special trip to visit the flamingos? And yes, they got to-go cups of wine... with straws. Lord help me.  

First attempt...
 That's better...

Jacob won 5 cents at the slots, so he cashed in... USAF fighter pilots ladies and gentlemen...

       




Due Date: 7/7/14!!

The baby is the size of: an acorn squash!! 15.2-16.7in and 2.5-3.8 lbs
"How big is your baby this week? She weighs nearly three pounds now and measures about 17 inches. Though she's getting pretty close to her birth length, she still has to chub out a bit. In fact, over the next 11 weeks, she'll more than double — or even come close to tripling — her weight. And as she grows and the room in your womb gets tighter, you'll be less likely to feel those big kicks and more likely to get poked by an elbow or jabbed by a knee." http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-29.aspx

Gender: It's a girl!! And we decided on a name!! Later post about that!

Symptoms: Much better! I have a lot more energy, but still nauseous most days. I also still have the sinusitis (constant stuffy nose).. especially when I eat?? Frequent headaches, hip/joint pain, and I pee all the time! like I have to pee after I pee... So, needless to say with the hip pain and peeing, I don't get much sleep either! She moves all of the time! I will say, those kicks used to be cute, but it's starting to get painful! She's starting to really get under my ribs and kick me in the stomach when I eat... not fun, but I do rely on those kicks to remind me she's ok so keep it coming! I also mentioned the crazy stretching feeling I get when I walk farther than a quarter mile (ridiculous I know) or go up stairs. It's different from round ligament pain (I have that too).... it feels like a ton of pressure and my belly is just going to pop! and of course it goes away when I rest. I still haven't bought my maternity belt... I just can't put another layer around my belly yet. I started getting leg cramps at night.. fun! And it's starting to become VERY difficult to bend over or get comfortable.

Sleep: pretty much impossible! I get up every 2 hours to pee and reposition. My snoogle is my best friend right now though!!

Cravings What I can stomach: Like I said, the nausea is still around so food isn’t always appetizing, but at least my appetite is back! I'm loving OJ, kind bars, lara bars, tea, salads, sandwiches, smoothies and FRUIT! basically anything cold, so ice cream is fair game too! And this week I was ALL about Sonic corn dogs.. so yum, but if you know me, you know that is ODD!

Food Aversions: STILL can’t do bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, whole tomatoes or certain kinds of meat.

Total Weight Gain: 13lbs and 9 inches around my waist! Lil G is growing! and I'm beginning to feel large and in charge!

Activity: I'm on "pelvic rest" after the fall so not much going on in the "activity" section, but I've tried to stay as active as I can so I don't feel like a total bum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment