Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Lil' G Week 35

Week 35 (6/1-7/14)

This week was interesting! Mostly work and nesting, but we also had a few eventful days... Wednesday night was breastfeeding class. Adam came with me (after trying really hard to get out of it of course), and I was so proud of him UNTIL the 12 year old Adam came out... I should have known better bringing him to a class about boobs. Oh well. At least he learned a few things.. 
Friday I went to the squadron for a graduation (can't believe ours in next!), and   saw a few fellow spouses that I'm going to be really sad to see go :(! Then we went to dinner with some friends. 
Saturday was the really interesting day... At one day away from 36 weeks, I noticed my Braxton Hicks (which I've had for weeks) started getting REALLY intense. They were pretty bad the Sunday and Thursday prior so I brushed it off for most of the day while I cleaned my car, did laundry, met with a student... on an L&D unit ironically, and ran a few errands. By the time I got home at 5pm I could hardly walk through the contractions. It felt like one long contraction that got more intense when I moved, tons of tightening and pressure, cramping in my lower abdomen, and back pain. It was difficult to "time" anything since there was no definite beginning or end. Adam started looking at the binder we got from our child birth class and was convinced I was going into labor. He freaked and started packing his bag, and repeating he "wasn't ready". I was fairly certain it wasn't time and I REFUSE to go to the hospital until it is (and this is tooo early)! PLUS, I was really hungry and wanted seafood. So, I rested for a little while, drank some water and then took a bath. After the bath I felt much better so I got my way and we went for seafood! 
My handsome husband got crabs... uh oh!



He can also float in thin air... impressive huh?!


And he built me stairs so I can climb into our impossibly tall bed!


In case you don't remember the bed.... The price we pay for an adjustable tempurpedic with drawers underneath ;)....



Due Date: 7/7/14!!

The baby is the size of: a coconut. 17.2-18.7in and 4.2-5.8 lbs
"Your baby is standing tall (so to speak) this week at about 20 inches and continues her steady weight gain (she’s about 5.5 pounds). While she won't get much longer, she will continue to pack on the pounds — including large amounts of baby fat — right up 'til delivery day. Something else that's moving at a mind-boggling pace these day: fetal brain development! There’s a lot going on inside that tiny head, which is, by the way, still soft to allow an easier exit through the birth canal." http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-35.aspx

Gender: It's a girl!! 

Symptoms: I have a lot more energy, but I hit a wall by 5pm and am usually in bed by 7 or 8. I still have the sinusitis (constant stuffy nose).. especially when I eat?? Frequent headaches, hip/joint pain, and I pee all the time! like I have to pee after I pee... So, needless to say with the hip pain and peeing, I don't get much sleep either! She moves all of the time and there's not a whole lot of room in there anymore so it feels pretty crazy! It's VERY difficult to bend over or get comfortable. I'm ALWAYS hot, tired and hungry, and "Pregnancy Brain" is now SERIOUSLY no joke! The nesting has settled in full force. 

Sleep: pretty much impossible! I get up every 1-2 hours to pee and reposition. My snoogle is my best friend right now though!!

Cravings: I'm loving lara bars, tea, salads, sandwiches, smoothies and FRUIT! basically anything cold, so ice cream is fair game too! And this week was all about ice cream.... One night I had a craving for cookies n cream AND strawberry ice cream WITH olives... don't judge. It was amaze-balls! I've gone through about 2 jars of olives this week. 




Food Aversions: STILL can’t do bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, whole tomatoes or certain kinds of meat (mainly chicken).

Total Weight Gain: 18lbs and 11.5 inches around my waist! Lil G is growing! and I'm beginning to feel large and in charge!

This was taken at the end of the week (so technically week 36, but oh well)


Activity: Daily 150's, walking as much as I can, CLEANING, and stretching (gotta get ready for labor)! I also started back at yoga. 

No comments:

Post a Comment