Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Lil' G Week 36

Week 36 (6/8-14/14)

Helllooooo 9 months!! If only this was the end... We still have a month left! I just can't imagine.... This month already SUCKS! I'm exhausted, UNCOMFORTABLE, in pain, and just plain ready to meet baby Viv! 


Still not getting the idea? 

Have you ever stubbed 4 toes at once? Yeah, that's how this week went. At the end of last week I spent the day with awful braxton hicks contractions (see week 35), then the next day I somehow stubbed 4 of my toes all at once. I thought they were broken. They still hurt a week later, but not broken (at least I don't think). I also told Adam that I feel like I have meningitis of the body.. like every piece of me is cramped and spasming. The 100 plus degree heat doesn't help either. And the fact that there is just NO more room in there for Viv doesn't help... every jab and kick is excruciating!... especially since she typically goes for my ribs and bladder. I don't blame her for wanting more space. I feel like I have to go to the bathroom all.the.time but I don't, it's just all the pressure. I saw the MW on Thursday and so far I'm 1cm dilated and 30% effaced (not enough for my liking, but I'll take it!). Adam learned all these terms at our childbirth class so it was entertaining to hear his reaction and concern that they didn't tell me station (where the baby's head is in my pelvis).... I'll ask next week. They are guessing Viv is about 5.5lbs and should grow about half a pound a week. We'll see!

Speaking of Adam, he has been great! I told him I wasn't cooking anymore, and encouraged him to pull out one of our cookbooks and start learning. Well, he did... He made an amazing meal, problem is it took him 5 hours.... he didn't realize he was in the "special occasions" section of the cookbook. No complaints here! but I told him he could stick with 30 minute meals. 

Adam's Beef Wellington ladies and gentlemen:



He also finished building Viv's co-sleeper! 



Yes, it's TALL... but please refer back to week 35 for the size of our bed! I knew I wanted a co-sleeper, but there were none available that would fit our bed. So, I asked Adam to build me one. He tried to get out of it by buying one online (since he obviously didn't listen to my reasoning for building one), but quickly understood what I was talking about when it arrived... too small? imagine that!?! There are also co-sleepers available that attach to the bed (like hang in mid-air), but those just freak me out and are PRICEY! For those of you who aren't aware, a co-sleeper attaches to the bed (which we'll do with this one so it's sturdy and safe) so Viv can sleep next to me and be easily accessible, but still in her own safe space. We bought a bassinet mattress to fit inside. We also added storage on the side so I can change her diaper, clothes, etc. without having to get out of bed for everything... remember the stairs? It's not easy!  

Due Date: 7/7/14!!

The baby is the size of: a honeydew melon. 17.2-18.7in and 4.2-5.8 lbs
"Forget your aching back (and everything else!) by trying to focus on your baby, who is now about six pounds and 20 inches long, with soft bones and cartilage to allow a safer journey through the exit door. Most of her systems (from circulatory to musculoskeletal) are ready for prime time, though her digestion system — which has done only practice runs so far — will kick into gear as she takes her first suckle at the breast or bottle." http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-36.aspx

Gender: It's a girl!! 

Symptoms: Other than the misery I described above, nothing else has really changed... I have more energy, but I hit a wall by 5pm and am usually in bed by 7 or 8. I still have the sinusitis (constant stuffy nose).. especially when I eat?? Frequent headaches, hip/joint pain, and I pee all the time! like I have to pee after I pee... So, needless to say with the hip pain and peeing, I don't get much sleep either! She moves all of the time and there's not a whole lot of room in there anymore so it feels pretty crazy! It's VERY difficult to bend over or get comfortable. I'm ALWAYS hot, tired and hungry, and "Pregnancy Brain" is now SERIOUSLY no joke! The nesting has settled in full force. 

Sleep: pretty much impossible! I get up every 1-2 hours to pee and reposition. My snoogle is my best friend right now though!!

Cravings: I'm loving lara bars, tea, salads, sandwiches, smoothies and FRUIT, and ice cream! Basically anything cold. And this week was all about protein... lots of red meat and eggs.

Food Aversions: STILL can’t do bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, whole tomatoes or certain kinds of meat (especially chicken).

Total Weight Gain: 19lbs and 11.5 inches around my waist! Lil G is growing! and I'm beginning to feel large and in charge!

Activity: Going from a sitting to standing position is about all the activity I can handle these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment