Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Lil' G Week 30


Week 30 (4/27-5/3/14)

This week was another busy one! I had to go in for my "biweekly" NST's (non-stress tests to monitor my uterus and the babe). Everything is continuing to look good! U of A isn't letting me go in to work, so I've been working from home and grading LOTS of papers... fun! :/. I also got several "nesting" tasks completed so that was nice. 
The weekend was babied out! We had our 3D/4D ultrasound early Saturday morning... she is SUCH a little diva... this was our second try and it still took forever to get a "good" view of her face. Every time we thought we had her, she gave us a little smirk and buried her head in my uterus, her hands, her feet, or the umbilical cord. We finally got one! It's so amazing seeing her sweet little face! 



Then I went for a mani/pedi and yummy lunch at the Cheesecake Factory with some girlfriends. THEN we had our maternity photos done. Go here for a sneak peek! I'm obsessed! Stephanie Moore is an incredible photographer! Since we were all dolled up, Adam and I went to Flemings and can I just say YUM!!! I forgot how good their potatoes and lava cake are! And we ended our weekend with an 8 hour childbirth class. It was actually really awesome, and Adam and I actually got a lot out of it. He learned how to give a great massage (worth the 8 hours alone!), we toured the hospital/L&D/nursery (not that I really needed to since it has become my second home), and got a lot of great info on our birthing options. We both agreed on our "best case scenario" when it comes to the birth plan, but I am remaining very open to whatever needs to happen as long as baby and I are safe and healthy! And can I just say, Adam can swaddle!! The class was also pretty entertaining because boy, did we have some characters in there. There were a few overzealous Dads, and one Dad that we are pretty sure JUST realized that he was really going to be a dad at the beginning of class... he looked SCARED! and his questions were quite entertaining. Not a bad weekend!




Due Date: 7/7/14!!

The baby is the size of: a cucumber.. I feel like we're going backwards in fruit/veggie sizes... ??!! 15.2-16.7in and 2.5-3.8 lbs ** Viv was 3lbs at my last ultrasound!
"Your belly’s increasing size is a definite clue that your baby is getting bigger every day, weighing in at over three pounds now (he’ll be packing on the weight at a rate of half a pound per week for the next seven weeks). Also growing daily is his brain, which is actually starting to look like the real thing with those characteristic grooves and wrinkles. And now that your little genius can regulate his own body temperature and turn up the heat, he'll start shedding lanugo, the downy body hair that's been keeping him warm up until now." http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-30.aspx

Gender: It's a girl!! And we decided on a name!! Later post about that!

Symptoms: Much better! I have a lot more energy, but still nauseous most days. I also still have the sinusitis (constant stuffy nose).. especially when I eat?? Frequent headaches, hip/joint pain, and I pee all the time! like I have to pee after I pee... So, needless to say with the hip pain and peeing, I don't get much sleep either! She moves all of the time! I will say, those kicks used to be cute, but it's starting to get painful! She's starting to really get under my ribs and kick me in the stomach when I eat... not fun, but I do rely on those kicks to remind me she's ok so keep it coming! I also mentioned the crazy stretching feeling I get when I walk farther than a quarter mile (ridiculous I know) or go up stairs. It's different from round ligament pain (I have that too).... it feels like a ton of pressure and my belly is just going to pop! and of course it goes away when I rest. I still haven't bought my maternity belt... I just can't put another layer around my belly yet. I started getting leg cramps at night.. fun! And it's starting to become VERY difficult to bend over or get comfortable.
*And a new update!... Viv is getting the hiccups now! Pretty crazy feeling! I have to laugh because I used to think that every time I had the hiccups it meant that I was growing. So, as annoying as it was, I just let them last as long as possible. Well I think it's pretty obvious that that's a myth, but it's still fun to think Viv is in there growing with every little bounce. 

Sleep: pretty much impossible! I get up every 2 hours to pee and reposition. My snoogle is my best friend right now though!!

Cravings What I can stomach: Like I said, the nausea is still around so food isn’t always appetizing, but at least my appetite is back! I'm loving OJ, kind bars, lara bars, tea, salads, sandwiches, smoothies and FRUIT! basically anything cold, so ice cream is fair game too! 
I also felt the need to go to the grocery store and buy a bunch of random things... ice cream, gelato, ice cream cones, french onion and ranch dip (I walked around the grocery store for an extra 20 minutes looking for these), ruffles chips, and cereal.... and guess what?!?? I haven't touched any of it... I swear if I had the money back for all the food I thought I wanted and never ate, I'd be rich!

Food Aversions: STILL can’t do bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, whole tomatoes or certain kinds of meat.

Total Weight Gain: 14lbs and 9 inches around my waist! Lil G is growing! and I'm beginning to feel large and in charge!

Activity: I'm still on "pelvic rest" after the fall so not much going on in the "activity" section, but I've tried to stay as active as I can so I don't feel like a total bum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment