Search This Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Lil' G Week 11


Week 11 (12/15-21/13)

This was a big week for us!! We had our first trimester screen (aka NT screen)... this basically looks for any indication of genetic issues via blood work and ultrasound. I originally considered skipping this, but with my previous miscarriage I just had to know for peace of mind. This was also the first ultrasound Adam was able to attend. He would finally get to hear our little one's heartbeat :). I was a nervous wreck on the drive there. I wanted to hear good news so badly, but I couldn’t help but think about the alternative. We went in, and unlike the first US where they had to search a little for the tiny bean, we saw our bambino immediately. Swimming around beautifully!! Everything looked great and the heartbeat was a strong 154bpm! It was so cool to watch Adam see the baby for the first time. He was glowing (and immediately claimed it was a boy). This was also our go ahead to share the news with our family (no one except my Aunt and sister knew yet!). See week 12 for the reveal!




Due Date: 7/7/14!!

The baby is the size of: a lime… still taunting me ;) 1.6in, 0.25oz
"Your baby (now about two inches long) has been pretty busy this week, growing hair follicles, fingernails, and ovaries (if she's a girl). She has distinct human characteristics by now, with hands and feet in front of her body, with ears nearly in their final shape, open nasal passages on the tip of her tiny nose, a tongue and palate in the mouth, and visible nipples. What else makes her look human? Those hands and feet have individual fingers and toes (meaning good-bye to those froglike webbed hands and feet). Hooray!" http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-11.aspx

Gender: I had a dream we’re having a boy! eeekk!!

Symptoms: The same…breast tenderness, bloating, cramping, serious nausea, headaches, round ligament pain, and moodiness (literally everything makes me cry! Commercials, seeing a Dad with his childen, EVERY contestant on the X Factor….).

Sleep: As much as possible! I’m exhausted!

Cravings What I can stomach: This week I had some Pad Thai (3 times…), apples with peanut butter have been my “go to”, and my most interesting craving has been ruffles potato chips with ranch dip and cherry tomatoes. I also HAD to have oranges and almond milk at 10pm one night. 

Food Aversions: very few things sound appealing. Mushrooms, meat, eggs (nothing new with those 3), and red peppers really send me over the edge.

Total Weight Gain: 0lbs.. I am super bloated, so I feel pregnant but not really showing yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment