Search This Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Lil' G Week 15


Week 15 (1/12-18/14)

This week has been pretty uneventful. I’ve woken up everyday with a pretty awful headache on top of not feeling well in general, so it’s safe to say I didn’t (want to) do much. I have a history of migraines so I thought they were returning… fabulous! Then I realized they were more of a tension headache so I started going back to yoga… huge help!! I forget just how amazing yoga is! I started off in a VERY gentle class and I almost fell asleep. So now I’m doing intermediate and pre-natal. Lil G was diggin it too. 

We did see 2 movies this week (about as fun as I’m going to get right now)... Wolf of Wall Street and Lone Survivor… both great movies, but a little (a lot) much for me… from now on, I’m watching happy. The theatres here serve Icee’s! I was never a huge fan before, but they sure do hit the spot now! The spouses also got together for a ladies dinner on Wednesday night. We’ve decided to each host a get-together at each of our homes once a month. Great way to get together, have some fun, and get away from all the F16 talk… we love our boys, but I have no clue what they’re saying half the time. This month was a yummy Mexican theme with guac, pork tacos and margaritas… of course I had to step away from the ritas…. Not an easy feat! We met the 3 new spouses in the new class and I have to say, I’m loving our little group! (forgot to get a pic of this..boo). I have to say, I'm fairly certain some of the spouses think I'm a little wacky.... which is pretty much true, but heightened by the fact that I don't get out much anymore ;).

On Saturday, I was actually feeling pretty awesome (knock on wood), and it was a beautiful day!! We decided to finally announce our pregnancy to the social media world, then went golfing (aka “find the tiny white ball”…. Adam is the worst at remembering where he hit the ball lol). Oh, and I just drive the cart…

How we announced on social media (back story: we were going to wait until we found out the sex (more fun than saying gender... I actually want to have a sex party instead of a gender reveal, lol...I amuse myself easily), but we were both sitting in our Ellen underoos one morning and decided this would be an awesome way to do it! I bought the onsie months ago...) Oh and as far as the Ellen thing goes... if you didn't already know, I just LOVE her and have been trying to go to her show for YEARS!! I have several pretty hilarious (and quite embarrassing) stories of my attempts that I really should share in another blog post... so, I thought this couldn't hurt):
 Golfing... we went to the course on base, not that great, but there were a few cool views and we played near the bone yard (hundreds of old military planes/helos/jets):
 Adam got his ball stuck in this bush...



So, I guess the week wasn’t that uneventful afterall….

Due Date: 7/7/14!!

The baby is the size of: an orange! 4in, 2.5 oz
"One way to deal with the havoc of pregnancy hormones: Focus on how much is happening with your baby. She's about the size of an orange this week, her ears have migrated to the sides of her head, and her eyes are moving to the front of her face. Plus, your little smarty-pants can now wiggle her fingers and toes and make breathing movements in preparation for life outside the womb." http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-15.aspx

Gender: Not a clue!! I asked Lola to wag her tail if she wanted a brother, sister, or neither... she went with neither… brat ;). We’ve also looked at all the old wives tales that are supposed to tell you one way or another… they’re pretty much split 50/50... (surprise)! And of course everyone has a guess and their reasoning behind it, which is pretty much just a bunch of opposite opinions. They’re fun to listen to at least! Just makes the mystery that much more fun :). We’ll know in a few weeks!

Symptoms: Still not feeling fab… nausea, exhaustion and I’ve had some pretty awful headaches everyday this week. Yoga, rest and stretching are helping. However, on Saturday (the last day of week 15), I woke up feeling pretty awesome!! Fingers crossed it continues!
I’m also feeling pretty overly weepy… evidence of hormone overload:
1.  I cried (literally) because Sandra Bullock looked so pretty at the Golden Globes
2. I read a story on Facebook about a guy who went to Chic Fil-a and they got his order wrong… he didn’t notice until he got home and called them about it.. they brought him a new order no questions asked… very cry-worthy, right?
3. I saw the book titled “Find it in Everything”… just the title.. I lost it… didn’t even know what it was about…

Sleep: Pretty much all I’m doing these days to help ease the symptoms.

Cravings What I can stomach: I’m still doing pretty well appetite wise… Actually, the only thing that curbs the nausea is eating... Loving smoothies, apples, trail mix, peanut butter, homemade nachos, and pizza is finally appetizing again (thank the heavens!!).

Food Aversions: I thought I was finally ok with bell peppers again… I ordered a veggie burrito at a “Mexican” restaurant (I say “” because it’s just not my kind of Mexican…. And no, it’s really not even authentic Mexican… just plain not great here), well it tasted like a big bell pepper and I couldn’t eat any of it. 

Total Weight Gain: 2.5lbs!! and 2.5 inches around my waist! Lil G is growing! Adam told me one morning that I have a “potbelly”… not sure what to think of that. Forgot to get a pic, but it's not that different than week 14. 

No comments:

Post a Comment