Search This Blog

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Lil' G Week 16


Week 16 (1/19-25/14)

Pretty awesome week! Adam had Monday off for MLK day so we had a long weekend together of movies, golf, dinner with friends, and REST! Adam also told me that he had a special surprise planned for us next weekend (details coming)...

LUCKY he informed me of that, because he also got himself in trouble this week…. I had been complaining for weeks that my neck and shoulders were hurting (see week 15!), so imagine my excitement when I saw that he ordered some massage balls (I got the confirmation email from amazon since we use my prime account). I was so proud that he had taken a hint and done something so simple but thoughtful! Well, fast forward a few days after the balls arrived…. He came home with 1 of the 6 balls and asked if I wanted it because “one of the guys at work didn’t want his”…. “WHAT?!? I thought those were for me in the first place! I don’t want leftover balls!” He was in trouble! Especially because he bought a “gift” for his guys with MY account and MY amazon credit card… so actually, I bought a gift for the guys…. Spectacular. I gave him a hard time, then of course we got a good laugh (and you can imagine the jokes that ensued about the “Gazda ball fiasco”…). He made up for it with a massage, buying me a back scratcher (something else I’d been complaining of), and my awesome surprise weekend:

Adam took me to the JW Marriot Starr Pass Resort in Tucson for a relaxing stay-cation. This place is incredible!! Beautiful hotel, gorgeous views and a pretty kick ass spa and restaurants. He got the “executive suite” with an awesome view of the mountains golf course and city lights, rose petals leading to the bed (obvi this wasn’t all for me), and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us. That night we went to dinner at Primos. The food was ridiculous, and the company was even better (Adam surprised me again with a visit from some of our friends).  The next day was our spa day and I got an awesome prenatal massage. Although, it was pretty comical because they had me lay on a pregnancy pillow (with cut-outs for boobs and belly)…. Well let’s just say they don’t have midget size so my boobs were where the clavicle should be, but my belly was comfy so that’s all that matters!

 Desert was yummo... Gelato and homemade donuts! I ended the night with 2 babies...
 Hard to see, but those are the Tucson city lights in the background... beautiful!





We ended our day (Saturday) with take-out and Captain Phillips. Awesome movie, but I really need to stick to my promise of only happy from now on. I’ve been watching too much drama… the LAST thing I need is a dramatic child!! Especially since he/she can hear now!

Speaking of movies, some people have been asking what I do when I just lie around all day… Well, it mostly involves TV, but I have started to slowly begin launching the RN refresher course I’m teaching so that should take over my time pretty soon. As far as TV goes, here’s my line-up: Law & Order SVU, Orange is the New Black, Breaking Bad, The Bachelor, Revenge, Scandal, and of course Ellen!!

Due Date: 7/7/14!!

The baby is the size of: an avocado! (4.6in. 3.5 oz)… I’ve been craving guac… odd…
Your baby now weighs in at a whopping three to five ounces, and he's four to five inches in length. The bones that are now in place in his ears means he can probably hear your voice as you talk to your partner and pals and sing in the car. While he’s getting used to your voice, the tiny muscles in his body, especially the ones in his back, are gaining strength, so he can straighten out a little more. And thanks to his developing facial muscles, your baby is capable of making a few expressive frowns and squints, even at this early stage. (Don’t worry, those frowns have nothing to do with the sound of your voice!) And his eyes are finally working, making small side-to-side movements and perceiving light (although the eyelids are still sealed). Peekaboo!” http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-16.aspx

Gender: Still no clue!! Adam is convinced it’s a boy, and I’m leaning toward girl. I did have a (very strange) dream that a friend (who is also pregnant) and I were driving a Big Rig…. I was in charge of the brakes and when it was time to stop, my reflexes didn’t work so I couldn’t… when we got out of the truck I was holding a newborn baby girl… I’m not sure if the baby was hers or mine though… we’ll see ;). I also had a freak out moment when I woke up that my baby wouldn’t have reflexes… Let the crazy dreams begin! I have an appointment on 1/28 so they should schedule the anatomy scan for the next week (where they’ll be able to determine gender if Lil G cooperates). Yay!! Almost here!! We’ll share the sex, but not the name ;).

Symptoms: Better! But still not feeling fab…  I have more energy, but still nauseous most days. I also still have the sinusitis (constant stuffy nose), and the weepiness has only increased… I find myself wanting to cry all the time, for no good reason at all.

Sleep: pretty much impossible! I get up every 2 hours to pee….this should have calmed down by now as the uterus lifts out of the pelvic bone and is still fairly small, but I think there’s something going on in there (like the position of my placenta or baby) that is causing constant pressure on my bladder (we’ll see at the next ultrasound). I also can’t get comfy… I can’t sleep on my belly (for obvious reasons), I shouldn’t sleep on my back for extended periods of time because the uterus would rest on blood vessels that deliver blood/O2/nutrients to both me and the baby, and I can only sleep on my right or left side for a few hours at a time because my ligaments are softening so lying on my hips gets very painful. So basically I’m up every 2 hours to pee and reposition. TMI?...

Cravings What I can stomach: Yay! I can switch it to actual cravings instead of just ‘what I can stomach’…. This is a big deal! Like I said, the nausea is still around so food isn’t always appetizing, but at least my appetite is back! This week I’ve gone for queso (which you can’t find in Tucson... wtf?? you have cheese, salsa and heat... put it together, it tastes good!!), guacamole, 7 layer dip (see a trend?), mac n’ cheese (I had some awesome Lobster Mac at a little restaurant downtown with a friend), pasta, mashed potatoes, and wonton soup. I think that’s all… Oh, and I would kill for a margarita or yummy beer... people kept telling me I wouldn't even want alcohol because your body naturally creates an aversion... bull shit!! Anyway, sweets aren’t on the top of my list, but I saw this and had to make it. It was SO yummy, but I only had one piece (and it didn't keep that well after a day or 2).



Food Aversions: Still can’t do bell peppers, mushrooms or red meat.

Total Weight Gain: 3-4lbs and 3 inches around my waist! Lil G is growing! Adam is still calling me “potbelly”… lovely… I forgot to get a pic again, but it's really hard to see a big difference because I'm carrying really low.. and I'm trying to keep this blog PG... I'll take one this week for sure!

Activity: I’ve brought my “daily 300’s” to “daily 150-200’s” (my hips aren’t handling squats and lunges too well), yoga twice a week, and starting to walk Lola again. I also cleaned the entire house and didn’t feel completely drained. Yeehaw!

2 comments:

  1. This post had me laughing out loud! The "ball fiasco" is totally something I could see Brian doing--our husbands are more alike than I care to admit! Love your weekly updates--can't wait to find out until you find out what the sex is! Brian referred to Baby G as a "her" but shhh don't tell Adam :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo are so right, Dana! I'm kind of glad those 2 aren't in the same city right now (just for my sanity).... although we do miss the Kecks!! and I love that Brian is thinking girl lol!! Adam would die!

      Delete