Search This Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Lil' G Week 9


Week 9 (12/1-7/13)

I had my third visit with my OB this week, and as usual I went in with a million questions and concerns. As soon as she walked in she had the fetal heart doppler in hand (I wasn’t having an ultrasound done this time), and I felt so relieved to know I’d get some reassurance. The little bean’s heart beat was a strong 168bpm! Music to my ears! It’s been very difficult to believe everything will be ok. Althouh I know the odds are highly in our favor (less than a 5% chance of miscarriage at this point), you can’t help but wonder about that 5%... I’m doing my best to stay positive and optimistic, but as I’ve learned, being realistic is just as comforting. A friend asked why I wasn’t insisting on an ultrasound during this appointment... while part of me wanted to do just that, another part of me knew that an ultrasound wasn’t going to change the outcome. I’ve known people that have seen issues early on on ultrasound and had to wait in agony for weeks before anyone could identify whether that issue was truly cause for concern…. In that situation, I felt ignorance was bliss.  Just knowing that heart was beating was enough for me. I worry that my fears could be foreshadowing as they were last time, but I just can’t think that way. You hear about women being cautious in the first trimester, but not downright fearful…. I choose to believe that we all feel this way but just don’t talk about it because it too is… taboo.

With all of the fears I'd been having.. this post was the biggest help.

Due Date: 7/7/14!!

The baby is the size of: a green olive!! 0.9in, 0.07oz. I find this a little perturbing seeing as how I would give my left arm for a mexican martini right now (no worries though, I can resist temptation).
"Your baby, now the size of a green olive, has grown about an inch since last week. Tiny muscles are beginning to form, so while he might not be ready to pump iron, he's gearing up to move his arms and legs. It's still too soon to feel anything in your belly, but you might be able to hear something at your next checkup. Try listening for your baby's heartbeat via a Doppler device — that welcome sound should be audible anytime now." 
http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-9.aspx

Gender: No strong vibes this week.

Symptoms: The same…breast tenderness, bloating, cramping, serious nausea, headaches, round ligament pain, and moodiness (literally everything makes me cry! Commercials, seeing a Dad with his childen, EVERY contestant on the X Factor….). And I’ve developed some fun digestive issues… I won’t go there.

Sleep: As much as possible! I’m exhausted!

Cravings What I can stomach: This week I decided I wanted a roll… with some mustard… make that a lot of mustard….. ooohhhh, and add a bunch of cheesy Doritos in the middle! Glorious. I’ve also become tired of drinking water all of the time so I started on 7 up. My wonderful hubby brought home 2, 2 liters of 7up…… err….. the cans are so much better! Back to the store he went. I love him. I also made homemade tortilla soup and it was amaze-balls.

Food Aversions: very few things sound appealing.

Total Weight Gain: 0lbs.. possibly negative lbs, but I don’t want to think that, so I’ll stick with 0… eating as much as I can to give Lil G the nutrients he/she needs. Still don't know why I'm posting this..

Activity: what a novel idea

Still no bump, so no pics..

No comments:

Post a Comment