Search This Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Lil' G Week 13


Week 13 (12/29/13-1/4/14)

Another fun week! We basically started telling all of our close friends after the new year….we are waiting a while to share with the world (aka facebook, instagram, blogging… ). I had another appointment with my OB. We heard the heartbeat again at a beautiful 152bpm! And she let me know that the results of the NT screen came back normal!! Yay so far :)!! We celebrated New Years Eve with a yummy dinner at our friend’s house and watched the ball drop in New York (10pm our time)… I can’t stay up much longer than that… although somehow we did. New Years Day we celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary! It took a while for me to get moving because I felt awful, but we ended up going to Mt Lemmon in Tucson. It’s about a 30-minute drive up the mountain and it is beautiful! We had a late lunch there then drove down the mountain as the sun set. It was a simple and perfect day!


Due Date: 7/7/14!!

The baby is the size of: a peach! 2.9in, 0.81oz
"What's up with your baby? Well, besides being as large as a peach now, that big old noggin of hers is now about half the size of her crown-to-rump length (that’s one reason why your little peach looks more like an alien from outer space at this point). By the time you give birth, her body will catch up, measuring three-quarters of her total size. What else is going on in there? Tiny bones are beginning to form in her arms and legs, the intestines are beginning to move from the umbilical cord to the abdomen, and the vocal cords are well under construction (the first step toward saying, "I love you, Mommy!"). And because she can move her arms and legs in a jerky fashion, she may be able to get her thumb into her mouth (a habit that may come in handy for self-soothing when she’s a newborn)." http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-13.aspx

Gender: I’m suddenly feeling more girl vibes (and no, it's not because 'what to expect' decided to call it a girl this week, lol)… to be honest, I don’t care what it is as long as it’s healthy (and I can quit calling he/she IT!), but I’ve always said I want one of each and a boy would be fun first, although a girl would be so great…. PLUS there’s an old wives tale that fighter pilots are MUCH more likely to have girls… So, since we got pregnant 2 weeks before Adam started in the F16 (apparently the jets he was in before don’t count) this may be our only chance for a boy ;). Oh… the things that go through my head! I just can’t wait to find out! Either way we will be SO excited!! 

Symptoms: Starting to switch up a little! Finally! I still have the breast tenderness and nausea, but I’m really starting to get my appetite back (which is wonderful!! I missed food!). I’m also starting to show a little! I pretty much just look bloated, but when I try to suck in there’s an obvious bump! I can’t wait to actually look pregnant… and by that I mean second trimester pregnant, not miserable third trimester pregnant…. That I can wait for! I’ve also been having headaches and frequent urination (up 3-4 times/night). My skin is rebelling… all my old acne scars (which were virtually gone) have resurfaced into bright red spots… beauty. And the hormones are still in full force… I tried to read a 2 paragraph article to Adam about a man who made an arrangement to continually have flowers sent to his wife every Valentines Day after he passed away and couldn’t get more than 2 sentences out at a time….

Sucking in as much as I can... I know it doesn't look like much (anything really), but I promise it is! lol. Adam actually thought I was pushing out in this pic, but I promise I pulled it in (so it would be a true pic of the bump and not bloat)!



Sleep: Sleeping well (except for the whole peeing thing). I have started to find some long lost energy in the mornings, which has been nice, but quickly learned not to overdo it because I crash hard. I still need my naps and am in bed by 9pm… wild and crazy, I know.

Cravings What I can stomach: Since I have my appetite back, I’m going for healthier foods since it’s not just about survival anymore. I’m back to smoothies every morning, except they’re mostly all fruit since veggies aren’t super appealing yet… plus I don’t want to ruin it with the odd color that veggies can create. I also made more tortilla soup and my famous pita pizzas with spinach and tomatoes.  I’m also on a huge lemon water kick… so yummy, but I know my dentist would disapprove.

Food Aversions: Fewer things sound awful to me… I tried to eat a burger on New Years Day and the meat wasn’t completely convincing so that made me pretty green… red peppers and mushrooms are still my enemy :/.

Total Weight Gain: 1lb.. finally! They say you should gain about a pound/week beginning in your second trimester so I guess I’m on track. I was worried that I hadn’t gained anything so far, but my doc assured me it was totally fine (as long as I start to gain by week 14). Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment