Search This Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Lil' G Week 12


 Week 12 (12/22-28/13)

This was another big week for us!! We finally had an opportunity (and a green light) to tell our family!! It was killing both of us not to tell, but we wanted to be far enough along and have the opportunity to tell them in person! So for our 1 week Christmas break, we made our rounds through Texas.

The first stop was my Nonie’s house in Gatesville… my aunts and cousins were there so it was even more special! We decided to tell everyone by putting the sonogram in a glass ornament with the due date written on the outside. I was nervous no one would ‘get it’ because they weren’t the clearest pictures especially when inside a round ornament… Adam assured me it was obvious. Well, Nonie took quite a while… my aunt saw the date and put 2 and 2 together and once everyone started jumping up for joy she caught on too :). This group probably had the most entertaining response, but of course it was the only one we forgot to record :(.


The second stop was Adam's parents house in Granbury. His aunt and uncle from Michigan were in town, so again, even more special. We actually got video this time! Adam’s mom thought it was a snowy mountain lol! Again, the Aunt was the first to figure it out ;).

And last but not least, we made it to see my family in Galveston. This time the announcement was a little rocky… I learned from my sister about 20 minutes before arriving at my grandparent’s house that my grandma was upset with us because we were getting there several hours later than she expected (we made some extra stops on our 6 hour trip there)…. So, naturally that upset me because I really didn’t want her to be mad when we had such great news, AND they were lucky we were going out of our way to drive all the way there (basically 20 hours!!). So I’ll just say we had some words, she felt bad for being upset, I felt bad for getting angry… yay for family Christmas!! Lol. Within an hour we were able to make the announcement. We gave an ornament to my mom, and since Meme doesn’t have a tree, we put the sonogram in her annual family calendar on the due date. Meme is impossible to shop for so I learned about 5 years ago that she loves the custom made family calendars (with family photos on each month)… so, that’s what she gets every year! So of course that was the perfect place to put the announcement! She thought the sonogram was a hurricane….



**I have video of both of our family's reactions, but for some reason it's not letting me post... we recorded on the iphone...

It felt so great to tell everyone and share our excitement (and why I’ve been sick for the last 6 weeks)!! 

My family is gunning for a girl since there hasn’t been a girl born in my family since my sister (who’s 26!)…. And there have been about 9 boys since… Everyone else is just as torn as we are.
We have been getting some fun (unsolicited) input on names… We have had our favorite names picked out for YEARS, and we lean for the more traditional. My grandma and sister’s ideas have been the most interesting…. Slade, Ace, Elisia… are we naming a child or a heavy metal band? no thanks. 

Christmas in general was pretty awesome! Although it was exhausting to spend half of it driving (about 40 hours total), it was so wonderful to see everyone! Other than our family, we made a quick dinner trip to see our friends in Dallas, eat some YUMMO Pappasitos, and share the big news (dropped the ball and didn't get pics of this :(.) We also made a stop on our way to Galveston to meet this little cutie:

And this is what I said to Adam after he made a comment about all the driving he had been doing (he's a saint and drove 36/40 hours, although I was pretty busy too):


I really don't believe Christmas should be all about gifts (especially for our children), so I really didn't expect anything from anyone... Adam and I exchanged gifts and we gave our families the ornaments and calendar, but other than that it was more important to be with family and celebrate the true meaning of Christmas.... and the little miracle growing inside of me was just reassurance of the blessing He has bestowed upon us.
BUT I have to give my hubby some props on his sweet gift:




Love this guy!


And really love this face:)



Due Date: 7/7/14!!

The baby is the size of: a plum! 2.1in, 0.49oz
"By now, your baby weighs a full half-ounce and is about the size of a large plum. Most of his systems are in place, though there's still plenty of maturing to do. For one thing, his fetal digestive system is beginning to practice contraction movements necessary for eating, and his bone marrow is busy making white blood cells — weapons against germs once he's out of your safe haven. The pituitary gland (at the base of the brain) has started producing the hormones that'll enable him (or her) to make babies of his (or her) own in a couple of decades or so." http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-12.aspx

Gender: Still having boy vibes and a lot of the old wives tales are pointing to boy. Adam being 100% convinced it's a boy has also been somewhat persuasive...

Symptoms: The same…breast tenderness, bloating, cramping, serious nausea, headaches, round ligament pain, and moodiness (literally everything makes me cry!).

Sleep: As much as possible! I’m exhausted!....especially with all the traveling. This is basically what my holiday looked like:





Cravings What I can stomach: Still living off of apples and peanut butter. Trail mix is my newest fave. I was able to eat Christmas dinner, but not as ravenously as usual :(. 

Food Aversions: very few things sound appealing. Mushrooms, meat, eggs (nothing new with those 3), and red peppers really send me over the edge. Oddly, this whole time, sweets just haven't sounded appealing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment