Search This Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Lil' G Week 8


Week 8 (11/24-30/13)

So not a whole lot happened this week.. still feeling pretty awful! BUT, I have a good story... Adam's class usually ends their Fridays in the squadron bar... This particular Friday (last Friday) was "special" because his senior class was receiving their call signs... and apparently you can't get a call sign unless you get crazy wasted. They drank at the squadron from 2-5:30, then took a party bus to another bar. I got a text from him at 7pm that he was ready to come home and wanted me to pick him up.... I was feeling pretty proud that he was calling in so early! ha.ha. Turns out he was wasted, passed out in the bathroom... One of his IP's (Instructors) called me on my way there to inform me that he had confiscated Adam's phone and was watching over him until I got there... Lord, give me strength.
This was our ride home:


And apparently in Adam's drunken stupor, he decided to share our news with one of his friends (who is a Dad), who then told his wife. I didn't mind because I knew I could trust them with the secret, and I had already told my aunt, sister, and close friend. Well, on Monday Adam came home with a big basket full of things to help with my pregnancy... of course Adam tried to pass it off as a gift from him at first ;) I knew better... it even came with a list of everything in the basket and what it's for (the picture doesn't do it justice, there were a million goodies in there!!): 


Due Date: 7/7/14!!

The baby is the size of: a raspberry!! 0.63in, 0.04oz
"Your baby is growing at an amazing rate — about a millimeter every day — and now is the size of a large raspberry. Your little berry is looking a lot less reptilian (even though she has webbed fingers and toes, her tail is just about gone) and a lot more baby-like these days, as her lips, nose, eyelids, legs, and back continue to take shape. Her heart is beating at the incredible rate of 150 times per minute — about twice as fast as yours! And even though you can't yet feel it, she's now making spontaneous movements as she twitches her tiny trunk and limb buds."
http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-8.aspx

Gender: No strong vibes this week

Symptoms: The same…breast tenderness, bloating, cramping, serious nausea, round ligament pain, and moodiness. The sinusitis has gone away, thank goodness. I feel AWFUL, but I can’t complain because it’s the price I’ll pay for a healthy Lil G.

Sleep: As much as possible! I’m exhausted!

Cravings: Still only holding down Boost, grapes, oranges, pineapples, and crackers. I mostly go for anything salty (yes, I’ll put sea salt on my fruit.. don’t judge). BUT, I have found where these “cravings” come from…. They occur when NOTHING sounds appetizing, yet you’re so hungry and in need of nourishment that you find the most off the wall things appealing: One day I decided I really wanted (needed) some jalapeno chips, so I sent Adam a text while he was at work to pick some up on his way home…he isn’t allowed to have his phone in the flight room, but I assumed he’d see it before he left… he conveniently “missed” that text (which I soon discoverd he lied about and you better believe the pregnancy wrath ensued!). So since he “missed” the text and he’d have to go out and fulfill his pregnant wife and tiny baby’s need for survival, I added to my order: Mrs. Vickies jalapeno chips, Hot fries (in the red and yellow bag), a pickle, sour patch kids, and cookie dough ice cream. THAT my friends, is a craving… and it was good!
For those of you who aren't aware... I like to eat my Sour Patch Kids WITH my pickle! BUT, only the green and yellow ones.



Food Aversions: Pretty much everything

Total Weight Gain: 0lbs.. possibly negative lbs, but I don’t want to think that, so I’ll stick with 0… eating as much as I can to give Lil G the nutrients he/she needs.

Activity: what a novel idea

No comments:

Post a Comment