Search This Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Lil' G Week 14


Week 14 (1/5-11/14)

I’m officially in my second trimester!!! Yayy!! There’s controversy as to whether second trimester starts at week 13 or 14… I’m going with 14. The “books” say everything gets a lot easier starting at week 14….. hah… not so my friends (at least not for me). I’ve been very positive the last 3.5 months about my agony… “It’s all worth it to have a healthy baby” “I can’t complain” blah blah blah.  While I did believe that, and to some extent still do (I’ll be sick for as long as I need to as long as the baby is well), I’m DONE sugar coating it! This is miserable! I have NO energy. When I think I do have energy and go out to do something, it’s quickly zapped from me and I feel like collapsing! The other day I felt pretty good so I decided to clean and do laundry. I literally just cleaned the bathrooms and thought I was going to die! After folding and putting up 4 loads of laundry, I started writing my will… WTF?!? I used to be able to clean for hours and still have the energy to go for a run then go out with friends. This little person is a leech!! Adam said the other day that if this child ever gives me lip, I have the full right to go ape shit and he’ll totally back me up after what I’ve already been through…. And this is only month 4 out of like a million… Lord, give me strength!

On the bright side, I did get to do a few fun things this week… I started the baby registry!! Thank heavens for friends with babies, pinterest and blogs… they basically registered for me! The whole registry started when a friend informed me that the awesome BOB stroller was on sale for 40% OFF!! on Amazon (which for me also means free 2 day shipping!!). So, I bought it and registered for the other necessities! Feel free to take a look! If anyone has any suggestions, let me know! Did I mention I got free 2 day shipping? Well, Amazon is DA BOMB! because I got it in 1 day!!! And that same day, I received these little cuties from our close family fiend!! Adorbs!! They come with several different color airplanes to mix and match :).



So, in a nutshell….  Lil G is spoiled and I’m just the host. Oh well, I’ll take one for the team.

Due Date: 7/7/14!!

The baby is the size of: a lemon! which I cannot live without in my water... my dentist is going to kill me! 3.4in, 1.5oz
"Now the size of your clenched fist, your baby is more fluid-like in his movements, so he’s no longer doing the jerk every time he repositions his arms and legs. Other developments this week include a roof of his own (inside his mouth, that is) as well as intestinal activity: His intestines are producing meconium (which is the waste that will make up his first bowel movement after birth). He is also sporting a downy coating of hair (lanugo) that keeps him nice and warm. Not to worry — you won't give birth to a monkey; baby fat will accumulate over the next few months and take over the function of keeping your baby warm and toasty —allowing most of that hair to shed."
http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-14.aspx

Gender: I still switch between boy and girl on the daily. After all, it’s 50/50! I’m getting really antsy!!

Symptoms: Sooooo, I’m in my second trimester, which is supposed to be the “best” trimester…. LIARS! I still feel pretty crappy (so far)! Nausea, breast tenderness (really an understatement), headaches, allergies, peeing non-stop, hungry all the time, and just overall exhausted! I’ve been very optimistic that this will all pass soon, but I’m not holding my breath.

Sleep: Pretty much all I’m doing these days to help ease the symptoms.

Cravings What I can stomach: I’m still doing pretty well appetite wise… Actually, the only thing that curbs the nausea is eating... Loving smoothies (slowly adding some veggies like carrots and spinach), sweet tea, water with lemon, apples, trail mix, peanut butter, homemade nachos, and pizza is finally appetizing again (thank the heavens!!).

Food Aversions: The only thing I really can’t stand is bell peppers…. I actually went through the trouble of picking them out of my salsa the other day….

Total Weight Gain: 2lbs!! and 2 inches around my waist! Lil G is growing!


You can see the markings my pants left.. they really aren't comfy at all, but they are the most comfy pants I have right now (if that makes sense)... if anyone knows where I can get a comfy pair like these, please let me know! PS I don't like cotton (since the fabric can fade)



No comments:

Post a Comment